To mark the anniversary of the Victory Day over Fascism, the Faculty of Philosophy in Kosovska Mitrovica presented the thematic collection of papers Kosovo and Metohija During World War II – Seven Decades Later.
The collection was presented by prof. dr Vladan Virijević from the Faculty of Philosophy in Kosovska Mitrovica, dr Božica Slavković, as well as dr Nenad Antonijević from the Museum of Genocide Victims in Belgrade, along with Mr Dušan Kozarev, Deputy Director at the Office for Kosovo and Metohija of the Government of the Republic of Serbia.
Thematic collection of international importance Kosovo and Metohija During World War II – Seven Decades Later emerged as the realization of an idea in a time when there is a growing attempt to relativise the base of the anti-fascist struggle by various unscientific, mostly daily-political reasons in former Yugoslavia, and to point out the characteristics of the Second World War in Kosovo and Metohija by objective and critical observations of some historical events and processes.
There are 16 articles in this collection, whose authors come from Serbia, Russia, Bulgaria, Slovenia, Montenegro and the Serbian Republic, i.e. Bosnia and Herzegovina, of which there are15 historians and one author with PhD in literature.
Contents (original titles translated into English):
- Stefan I. Ančev, Formation of Balkan Identity in the Western Literature and Propaganda during the XIX-XX Centuries
- Božica Ž. Slavković, Kosovo and Metohija in the Years Approaching the Second World War
- Aleksandar D. Stamatović, Metohija in Plans Montenegrin Separatists to Establishing the State of Montenegro 1941
- Budimir R. Aleksić, Serbian Writers from Kosovo and Metohija Exiled in 1941
- Vladan R. Virijević, Persecution and Sufferings of Serbs in the District of Djakovica in 1941
- Slaviša I. Biševac, Suffering of the Old Kolasin Population in the Second World War
- Nenad M. Antonijević, War Crimes in Kosovo and Metohija in 1943. and 1944. year
- Jovan J. Aleksić, Establishment, Organization Structure and Natural Characteristics of Yugoslav Army Overseas on Kosovo and Metohija
- Miroslav R. Purić, Quisling and Collaborationist Forces in the German Occupation Zone in Kosovo and Metohija until the Surrender of Italy
- Igor Đ. Vukadinović, The Liberation of Kosovo and Metohija in 1944
- Dušan M. Bojković, The Suppression of Armed Rebellion of Ballists in Kosovo and Metohija during the Winter 1944/1945
- Jurij M. Hadalin, The Long Arm of Josip Broz Tito or the Influence of Svetozar Vukmanović Tempo on the Military-political Situation in Albania
- Ivan M. Becić, Slađana S. Zdravković, Position of Kosovo and Metohija in the Negotiations Related to Creation of the Balkan Federation during and after the Second World War
- Marijana N. Stamova, Kosovo and Metohija and Yugoslav-Albanian Relations (1945–1948)
- Vesna M. Marković, Women Emancipation on Kosovo and Metohija 1941–1953
- Aleksandar N. Skvoznikov, The Declaration of Independence of Kosovo and Metohija: International Legal Assessment