The competition in literary recitation in English in memory of our colleague Nikola Dančetović entitled Out Loud organized by the Faculty of Philosophy and the Department of English Language and Literature was held on March 14, 2023. The aim of this competition was to reach out to young people who appreciate English language and literature in promotion of the expressive public speaking.
The competition was opened by the Head of the Department of English Language and Literature, prof. Danijela Kulić, who emphasized the importance of this competition and recited verses by Robert Burns in memory of our colleague Nikola Dančetović. Оn behalf of the jury, the audience and the contestants were greeted by the Vice Dean, prof. Aleksandra Kostić Tmušić. Finally, before the start of the official competition, the audience had the opportunity to hear Danica Dančetović, who recited the verses of the famous children’s poet Roald Dahl.
We had the opportunity to hear from 25 participants, among whom were students from the Faculty of Philosophy and pupils from the local high schools. The performances were evaluated by a five-member jury composed of:
- prof. Aleksandra Kostić Tmušić, Faculty of Philosophy;
- Biljana Dobrić, Gimnazija Kosovska Mitrovica;
- Sanja Vujnović, Faculty of Philosophy;
- Miljana Đorović, Faculty of Philosophy; and
- Marija Milosavljević, Faculty of Philosophy.
The jury evaluated the contestants on the pronunciation, expressive speaking, non-verbal elements and the general impression of the performance and declared the winners by unanimous decision:
- First place – Anđela Rakić, student of the Gimnazija Kosovska Mitrovica;
- Second place – Teodora Spasojević, student of the Gimnazija Kosovska Mitrovica; and
- Third place – Smiljana Jovanović, fourth-year student from the Department of English Language and Literature.
The photo album is available here.
Photos: Aleksandra Negojević